COVID-19 Price Gouging / #stopShopSafeAct / Amazon 3P sales seemingly up
1) “We are contacting you because you have engaged in price gouging in violation of the Amazon Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy. We expect sellers to treat our customers fairly and not take advantage of events like the global health crisis arising from the COVID-19 coronavirus.” Amazon has no choice but likely you can build in some extra fee if you did pay more. They not giving numbers “how much”.
2) Amazon has suspended some large sellers for ASIN variation misuse. Please make sure you always use the right variation type for your variations. These are 2 new bullet points.
“– Adding children products that are not actual variations of the parent product (e.g., newer version or model of product, different branded products, etc.).
— Adding duplicate child variations that are not substantially different than other variations within the family (e.g., Red 1, Red 2, Red 3, etc.).”
3) Introducing new low pricing on Payability Instant Access for high volume ASGTG businesses! Get paid the next day, every day for your Amazon and marketplace sales or get up to $250,000 in 24 hours based on future sales with preferred pricing for high volume businesses. No credit checks – just connect your online sales channels and get an offer within 24 hours. Pricing depends on sales volume, account health and more. Apply now and get a $250 sign-on bonus when you sign up for Instant Access. Sell on Shopify? Check out Payability’s new Instant Advance for Shopify. (sponsored)
4) If you are an Amazon Seller please join this temporary group that will discuss Corona-Virus related issues as many compliance issues are popping up and it’s important to be informed with best practices. In TG please put all this in the down group.
5) There is new legislation called ShopSafeAct that in my opinion, though well-intended, can be disastrous for Amazon resellers. Please see a short summary on what the bill is about and why I am against this needless legislation. #stopShopSafeAct
6) “IMPORTANT TAX DOCUMENT: 2019 Statement Related to France Activity.”It seems like all sellers received this even if you did not sell in France in 2019.
7) Many sellers have noted that business is up even for non-virus-related items. This is likely because buyers do not want to shop at stores during this time.
8) Here is the Recap Video for sponsoring the video. I am very excited to say Joana McKenna , a SR EX Amazonian and current Walmart VP is confirmed as a Keynote speaker. If you have a recommendation for a speaker or marketplace to join the Omni Channel Summer event /please fill out this form. ASGTG diehards, you can buy early bird tickets already.
9) Amazon can ask and has been asking for utility bills to verify your identity even for old accounts. The likelihood of this happening will go up if you update your credit card, business name or bank account. Always make sure you have a utility bill to back up your information.
10) “We regularly confirm that organizations that hold Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) Access Keys are properly using and protecting Amazon MWS data. As part of this effort, we’ve selected xxxxx for an audit-related to its data security and compliance obligations….”
Everyone, please stay safe and Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller