1) Amazon seems to have blocked a lot of RayBan SKUs. Luxottica and Amazon seem to possibly have a relationship.
2) It can be extremely problematic if seller’s do not have itemized invoices, from a verifiable supplier, for each item being sold, for the following reasons:
- You will not be able to disprove an inauthentic customer complaint, even with the strongest POA submitted.
- You will not be able to dispute a counterfeit, or “trademark”, complaint against your items, to both Amazon and with the Rights owner.
3) Jack@RainbowSandals.com has been extremely aggressive, and I believe, abusing the Rights Owner form.
4) Simplex, an end-to-end solution for private label sellers, is offering an exclusive 10% discount to all ASGTG group members. Discount applies to Amazon Listing and Marketing services. You can register on this link. Please mention code ASTG for the discount. Discount Valid until August 31st.
5) All RO filing complaints received the following response from Amazon:
All notices of intellectual property infringement must include:
- The name and email address of the person submitting the notice, plus any additional contact details.
- The name of the rights owner, if the notice is submitted by an agent of the rights owner.
- Identification of the intellectual property right asserted, by registration number, if applicable.
- Identification of the specific content on Amazon believed to be infringing, by ASIN or URL. Your report is about specific seller listings; please provide a list of sellers.
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate.
- Statement that the submitter is authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner and has a good-faith belief that the use of the content is not authorized by the rights owner, its agent, or the law
6) This is a new language regarding RO complaints. “We are unsure if you are approving the sellers to relist on this offer. Please note that we consider a retraction to be valid when the seller is reported in error or seller is allowed to relist his offers on the ASIN.”, It is not enough to agree privately with the RO that you won’t be listing. In order to retract an RO complaint, the RO must state that the complaint was filed in error. Therefore it’s OK for you to list.
7) This is new.
Due to the evolving circumstances around Eclipse glasses, it’s important that you have funds available to address customer returns. We will be holding back a portion of your funds from prior sales of Eclipse glasses and will continue to evaluate the need to hold a reserve for these funds. As we learn more about the safety concerns related to Eclipse glasses, we’ll assess changes regarding your disbursement reserve balance.
8) I spoke to Meny Hoffman about the upcoming LTB conference, on Sept 6th, 2017. I will be moderating the Amazon Power Panel there.
The video can be seen on the ASGTG Homepage or in Dropbox.
Register by visiting their website. (code ASG50) for 50$ off.
9) I am very well aware that many large sellers received large bills for back taxes for VAT owed for previous years. I will be posting info on this, as I have it available, over the next few weeks.
10) After submitting a POA, Amazon is often asking the seller to let them know when they have successfully implemented the plan.