Video chat with (new) sellers / Amazon increases control on certain products /Homeopathic products.
1) “In order to help our customers better find the products they need during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have increased our controls on new product listings for certain Personal Safety and Household products, such as gloves, soap, paper products, thermometers, and related products.” Many long active items in these categories were gated. Some were auto-approved by simply requesting approval.
2) “Hello from Amazon, We are writing to let you know that the following detail pages have been removed from our catalog: ASIN: B0XXXXXXXXX, SKU: XX-XXXX-XXXX, Title: “XXXXXX” ASIN: B0XXXXXXXXX, SKU: XXXXXX, Title: “XXXXXXX” This product has been identified as a homeopathic teething product. Homeopathic teething products, including gels, pellets, pills, granules, and liquid drops are prohibited from listing or sales on Amazon…”
3) The current market conditions offer sellers an unprecedented opportunity to improve rankings and boost sales using Amazon Ads. There are 2 major factors for that: an increase in demand and fewer competitors (due to logistic issues and stockouts). Quartile relies on the most advanced machine learning technology to optimize Amazon campaigns dynamically: Keyword Automation, Dynamic Bidding, Placement Adjustments & more. Schedule a demo today. Special ASGTG offer: 30% off for the first 2 months. (Sponsored)
4) The price gouging items that show up on the dashboard seem to be lagged. This means that an item you may have deleted 2 months ago will suddenly show up on your dashboard as price gouging even though it was long deleted.
5) According to this article, Amazon plans on verifying new sellers’ view Live Video Chat. It is likely that once this is implemented, they may use this method to communicate with existing sellers as well, which will be a significant positive IMO.
6) “-A Plan of Action that addresses the customer issue, and
-A confirmation that your inventory stored in our fulfillment centers has the same updates as stated in your POA prior to reinstating your offer.”
7) “We understand that you are inquiring about creating a new seller account. Amazon recommends that you only open a second selling account if you have a legitimate business need and all of your current accounts are in good standing. If any of your accounts are not in good standing, we may deactivate all of your selling accounts until all accounts are in good standing. Examples of a legitimate business justification include:
• You own multiple brands and maintain separate businesses for each
• You manufacture products for two distinct and separate companies
• You are recruited for an Amazon program that requires separate accounts
8) This is a revealing article on how brands are able to identify sellers that are selling items against their will.
9) “You have items listed against an ASIN that is misbranded and is infringing on a third party’s rights. This is a violation of our policies. In addition, there are pre-approval requirements to sell the brand listed below.”
10) Amazon lending is reaching out to some sellers with large loans and seems willing to work with the seller in some capacity to delay immediate repayment of the loan. If your sales dropped because Amazon was not shipping your non-essential items, I would state that, and they may work with you if you need it. Many sellers are at all-time highs even for non-essential items that are now being shipped right away (or shipped via MF) as there is much more traffic than usual on the site.
Stay Safe and Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller