Amazon Shifts Rights Owner Complaints / Teikametrics Event and Interview/ ASGTG Event Roundup Video
1. Amazon seems to have shifted in recent weeks towards sellers in Rights Owner complaints. In the past, disputing an RO claim via email@example.com was a futile effort. Currently, if you dispute it with solid evidence, you can get the complaint overturned. Furthermore, there is zero tolerance towards any fraudulent rights owner claims so if you file a claim, make sure it’s very real with solid evidence. They seem to have sophisticated ways connecting fraudulent complaints back to the seller.
Discussed with Aatish:
- Why is SP important and for which kinds of sellers does it matter?
- How do you decide how much to spend on advertising?
- How should your advertising strategy work with your overall retail objectives?
- Is ACOS the best metric? What else should you be considering?
- Is Bid Automation important or should you just ‘set and forget’?
- Where are good places to go to look for new keywords?
Teikametrics are hosting an event with Amazon on June 15th. 50% off ASGTG members – code MeetAmazon
3. “We understand that you may feel singled out by our decision to remove some of your listings. Our policies apply to all sellers, and it is not our intention to single out any one person or business.” This is new language that has shown up recently.
5. “Items that infringe another party’s copyright, patent, trademark, design right, database right, or other intellectual property or other proprietary right are prohibited. For more information on this policy, search on “Prohibited Content” in Seller Help.” – They started including “design right, database right.”
6. “If the rights owner finds they reported your items in error, please ask them to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.” This is a new email address for when the RO filed in error.
7. Our very own Joel Wolh w/ Boutique Seller Services has been offering focused, targeted, customized Amazon Ad campaigns. Also, provides strategic growth counseling. Many in the group have used him & happy 718.887. 5799 / email@example.com
8. This RO is very real and active lately. —P&G Compliance
firstname.lastname@example.org. Goldieblox has been very active and aggressive as well.
Good Shabbos! Ed Rosenberg / ASGTG.com (spreadsheet now on site)