Pre-suspension POAs/ Interview with Vat Compliance Expert/ Limiting Dormant Accounts
1. It seems like Amazon will ask for a POA pre-suspension in some cases. This is a very recent and encouraging change as most situations do not warrant an immediate suspension.
2. I discussed my HMRC Petition for Amazon.UK Sellers with Vat Compliance Expert, Claire from Simplyvat. This is must-see video if you have been selling in the UK the past few years.
Discussed in the video:
a) What should a seller do if they get approached by Amazon or HMRC?
b) Is there any room for negotiation or amnesty once a seller has been approached?
c) Can a seller just shut down that shop and open up another Amazon account?
3. If you need help developing your own Private Label line, Worldwide Sourcing Inc. Provides a full service of a seamless process including product development, sourcing and overseeing production with Chinese and other Asian countries. You can visit their website www.wwsourcing.com Email: email@example.com Phone number 6465412933. (call, text, Whatsapp) (sponsored)
4. It is important before you list items to make sure you’re not posting a brand that will aggressively enforce its brand as you will have trouble fighting them regardless if an IP is being violated. Simply posting the brand in the “Vet Deals group” will give you a fair amount of clarity if the brand will try to knock you off Amazon. Please post and inquire before you invest in a deal. To join the ASGTG Telegram Vet Deals group, enter your email on this form.
5. The Telegram app can be used without a smartphone. It can be downloaded to a desktop. When they ask for phone number, it’s only for a text verification. That can be sent to any phone with texting. To join the all ASGTG Telegram groups, enter your email on this form.
6. “It has recently come to our attention that numerous FBA shipments were shipped with less product than what was submitted on your shipment plan. As a result of these frequent shipment defects, your account will be suspended.”
7. Amazon now seems to be limiting certain functions of sellers account if there is a long lapse of inactivity. For example, not allowing new listings to be created. If you have an account that’s dormant for over a year, try to post one safe item just to keep it going.
8. As mentioned previously, if you have a seller’s account you gave up on pre-ASGTG, many of these have been reinstated and there is a lot of value in some of these accounts (i.e. approvals, hazmat, feedback, etc.). Your welcome to reach out to me if you want.
Ed Rosenberg, Good Shabbos!