Many masks and sanitizers gated / Restraining Orders by brands/ Covid-19 TG group.
1) Game Over. Amazon sent this on 03/11. “You are receiving this message because you are currently selling, or have previously sold, products such as disposable face masks, hand sanitizers, disinfecting wipes/sprays, isopropyl alcohol, or related products. We have implemented more stringent requirements to sell these products in our store, and as a result, your offers have been removed. We are not accepting applications to sell these products at this time.” This a few days before Amazon suspended thousands of accounts for price gouging and removed many items making medical claims regarding the Virus. Some accounts seem to have lost total access (cannot log in), and others are blocked requesting a POA. Many other sellers just had listings blocked. If you see Amazon “price gouging,” it’s obviously a mistake and just e-mail SP to inform them of this, and it will likely be fixed. There is no grand conspiracy. If you see listings blocked without a notification, there is a very high chance its related to the Virus.
2) This is happening more frequently. You will need an attorney.”We took this action in accordance with a Temporary Restraining Order issued by a federal court. Items that infringe another party’s copyright, patent, trademark, design right, database right, or other intellectual property or other proprietary rights are prohibited.”
3) Zentail’s new Purchase Orders feature closes the loop on inventory planning—allowing you to conveniently buy and sell conveniently from one platform. Learn more about our full operational offering (listing, orders & inventory management, demand forecasting and more): Zentail.com. (Sponsored)
4) Showed up in a notification. “Hello, Seller is appealing for ASIN which is strongly blocked due to the Non-Infringement-Price Gouging issue for which there are no guidelines to handle appeals. Kindly assist the seller in this regard.”
5) “This product has been identified as containing germanium. Germanium is a nonessential trace element that has caused nephrotoxicity and death when used by humans even at recommended levels of use. Amazon prohibits the listing or sale at ingestible and topical products containing germanium- what’s next?”
6) New! “To be sufficient, your plan must include:
The root cause(s) that led to the complaints of your items.
Analyze and explain which could have been the “driver” or cause for the type of complaints below mentioned.”
7) Utility Patent Neutral Evaluation is now live and appearing in notifications. “You can choose to participate in neutral evaluation of the patent owner’s claim. Amazon’s neutral evaluation procedure is described in the attached document titled “Amazon Utility Patent Neutral Evaluation Procedure.” Please read this document carefully and note that payment of a deposit is required. If you choose to participate in the neutral evaluation, you must agree to the attached Amazon Utility Patent Neutral Evaluation Agreement, complete Exhibit 2 of the Agreement, “Seller-Supplied Information,” and return the completed Agreement to email@example.com within three weeks.”
8) “Are Jeff e-mails still working?”. The answer is yes but not as useful as in the past, as too many people were using it for non-emergency situations.
9) For ASIN appeals, keep in mind that if the POA does not cover the items already in FBA, the listing will not get reinstated unless you pull back those items. In other words, if your changing packaging, that will not resolve issues for items already at FBA.
Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller