Just do it? / ASGTG webinar w quartile / Sales tax on some referral fees.
1) As reported exclusively by ASGTG, Amazon has removed all qty limitations on inbound non-essentials. The FBA warehouses are catching up on pending orders, and many items are shipping regular 2 days or less prime. As a result, FBA orders are UP, and FBM orders are down (back to regular).
3) Selling a large Amazon business requires a deep knowledge of the Amazon world and M&A deals management.
Along with the COVID19 period and recent growth of e-commerce, Fortunet sees an increased demand for acquisition of strong Private Labels. Fortunet has been successfully escorting 7-8 figures brands and buyers throughout all stages of acquisition, achieving the desired exit. Contact, Michal@Fortunet.net. (Sponsored)
4) Many Nike listings have had their model name stripped out of the listing title and replaced with a generic “Nike Running Shoes”. There are many other mapping errors (such as the wrong size) on multiple Nike listings. Discussed in-depth here.
5) SP has been sending a bunch of used as new Asians blocks and account suspensions. This can be partially due to an influx of returns which are placed in sellable and reshipped (incorrectly) by FBA staff.
6) Some ASINS that get blocked for gouging remain blocked once reinstated and even if the price is below cost. No easy path to fix.
7) Many received this and are unsure why Amazon “Dear Seller, We understand that you may have offered compensation for Customer Reviews. Why did I receive this message? Sellers are not allowed to manipulate ratings, feedback, or customer reviews. Learn more about this policy in Seller Central Help…”
8) “We are writing to let you know that you have Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) inventory that is under review for authenticity. During this review, your listings will be deactivated, and you will be unable to initiate a removal request for any impacted inventory. This review is separate from any action regarding the status of your account. If you do not respond to this message within 30 days, your inventory will be destroyed. Why is this happening? We took these actions because we have determined that your inventory may be counterfeit. The sale of counterfeit products is strictly prohibited, and items sold on Amazon.com must adhere to all applicable laws and Amazon’s policies. You must ensure that the products you sell are compliant with Amazon policies. Failure to abide by this policy may result in loss of selling privileges, funds being withheld, destruction of inventory in our fulfillment centers, and other legal consequences…”
9) “Pause on Account Suspensions for Order Performance Extended to May 31. Beginning June 1, we will restart tracking and enforcing selling accounts with….(ODR)”. This means (I think) on June 10th you will only be held accountable for these issues starting June 1, not a full 30 days. Of course, they can suspend you at any time so try to avoid relying on this at all costs.
10) Amazon started charging tax on some referral fees. They consider the referral fee as a product and add sales tax. This has ramifications when doing reconciliations, which has gotten harder recently. You can find on sheet services, including my own.
Stay Safe / Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller