Language to use with RO Retractions/ Marketplace Facilitator Tax / Enhancement to Appeal Process
1) When brands file RO retractions they need to ask the RO to say, “The complaint was filed in error”. Not that “it was worked out”. MLB has been swinging wildly filing and retracting and refiling RO’s against multiple good sellers in recent days.
2) Multiple accounts received warnings that their Premium shipping privileges have been removed. Unsure if it’s a mistake but some were reinstated. It all seems to happen at the same time Tuesday.
3) Amazon Services Europe has now recognized that you may NOT need a German Tax Certificate or VAT registration. You can now continue to list on amazon.DE if you are validly exempt from registering for German VAT and you complete a tax-declaration on Seller Central. Contact Shmuel Abeles, firstname.lastname@example.org, at Haffner Hoff VAT Services email@example.com to find out if this is an option for you. He can also help if you have an amazon.UK account that is at suspended/ at risk if HMRC have contacted you for a Compliance Check (sponsored)
4) Two Thank you’s and 3 apologizes in one paragraph! “This is XXXX from FBA team and I will be assisting you with the query today. Thank you for writing back to us. Thank you for your immense patience exhibited in this regard. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have read through the email correspondence on the case and I understand your concern about the XXXX error. I apologize for the inconvenience caused in this concern.”
5) Sales Tax update: “Tax collection for orders shipped to District of Columbia or Nebraska State – Effective April 1, 2019 Based on changes to the District of Columbia and Nebraska State tax law, Amazon will begin calculating, collecting, and remitting sales and use tax for all orders shipped to customers in the District of Columbia or Nebraska on April 1, 2019. Your existing tax calculation settings, order details, and payments reporting will update automatically to reflect Amazon’s responsibility. No action to your tax settings or seller account is required.”
6) Amazon is now allowing you to add invoices and documentation via the Appeal button for suspensions. This is a welcome improvement.
7) “We are contacting you regarding your Amazon.co.uk seller account. Beginning in 2019, Amazon Payments UK (APUK) will provide payments services for your UK marketplace activity.
If you wish to continue with your business as usual and maintain the options available to you today, you do not need to take any action. Your continued use of your amazon.co.uk seller account 60 days following this email will constitute your deemed acceptance of the APUK terms and conditions (available here), and we will setup an APUK payments account on your behalf.
The choice to sell and list in any of 5 marketplaces (amazon.co.uk; amazon.de; amazon.fr; amazon.it; amazon.es) or a combination of marketplaces remains yours completely. If you choose not to have any relationship to APUK and lose access to sell in UK, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.” This seems like its just a legal notice and no action is necessary at all.
8) New! “What is required to receive the funds associated with your account?
In order to receive the funds in your account, we ask that you disclose information about all of the selling accounts that you have opened with Amazon in the past 3 years. Failure to disclose an account may result in the forfeiture of your funds. Please include the following information on each of your related accounts:
— Email address.
— Phone number.
— Address where you operated the selling account.
— Purpose or reason for opening the additional account.”
9) I started an Advanced Private label 5 Mil a year+ group by invite only. Use @ASGTGdealsbot to apply (its free as always).
10) If you run a group of over 200 sellers, especially outside of the US and in a foreign language, please contact me asap.
Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller