MWS Developer Notice/ Experienced watch sellers need approval?/ New Amazon Trasparency group
1) New! “Dear Amazon MWS Developer, Amazon regularly reviews how registered users of Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) use and protect Amazon MWS data. You are receiving this email because you (or your organization) hold Amazon MWS Access Keys. …….
We have a Developer Registration and Assessment form that allows Developers to submit information about their applications so we can assess compliance and help to make sure that we provide the right level of access you require. Please demonstrate your compliance with our Amazon MWS data protection requirements by completing the Developer Registration and Assessment form…..”
2) Newish: “Hello from Amazon Services, We are writing to you because you may be selling children’s school supplies. To provide the best possible customer experience, Amazon is enforcing safety requirements for all children’s school supply ASINs. As a result, you must provide safety documentation by February 13, 2019. If this documentation is not provided by then, we will no longer sell these children’s school supply ASINs on Amazon.”
3) I spoke this week with Nitin from Sellozo regarding marketing changes in 2019. They automate the tedious tasks, analyze a wealth of data, and package it into intuitive reporting and tools, to help with PPC optimizations, repricing, analytics, and financial reports. Offering ASGTG members a 30-day risk-free trial and 20% off your first paid month. (sponsored)
4) New Language alert! “altered or removed” “Thank you for your report of infringement. We reviewed your report and altered or removed the reported content based on the information you provided.” (HT Yael C.)
5) Multiple sellers reporting Product reviews across Amazon not appearing after 16th. This can mean multiple things, but likely they want to fix the recent black hat tactics on product reviews.
6) This is pending in the EU. Almost every suggestion recommended in recent years by ASGTG.
7) From a concerned ASGTG member: “I got an email from Amazon Brand Registry telling me they removed several Schwarzkopf ASINs for “potential misuse of trademarked terms on a product detail page.” I’ve noticed several Schwarzkopf products turning into dog pages lately. I removed all remaining Schwarzkopf, Glatt, Taft products from my inventory.”
8) Alert: “Reimbursements are issued in a rolling 3-month window from the case creation date” – “The reimbursement has been declined by our credits team as per our new policy only three months overcharge fee are eligible to reimbursement.” This means if you don’t file for reimbursements in a timely manner- the money rightfully owed to you can be lost permanently. The time varies depending on the specific reimbursement. Make sure you’re doing this right, or you can lose a lot of money.
9) I started a new Amazon Transparency Group. The email@example.com functionality has improved. Send an email with brand / asin or any text on the subject. The results are clickable which means you can find the exact place on the group where your issue was discussed and chime into the conversation, even if it took place years ago. Many more features and enhancements are coming.
10) Many experienced watch guys received an email saying they will need approval to sell Watches shortly even though they already received approval years ago. I am unsure what this is about thus far and may actually be a mistake. Will update in future posts.
Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller