ASGTG Pre-event Dinner/ Funds held for Forged Invoices /Misused ASIN Variations
1) I am hosting an ASGTG Pre-event Dinner Jan 29th in addition to the main event on Jan 30th. This is in a different location separate from the main event Jan 30th. If you’re a big and engaged seller and appreciate and understand Amazon TOS, I recommend you also attend Jan 29th at night. There will be a Sales Tax debate featuring Michael Fleming and Paul Rafelson and moderated by Barry Lampert. There will be a few Amazonians joining us as attendees for the main event and the evening before.
2) If your suspended > 90 days and you have funds held by Amazon for forged invoices, please reach out to me. I may be able to advise in certain situations.
3) New!! “We are contacting you because you have misused ASIN variations. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to add invalid variations, which includes, but is not limited to:
– Adding children products that are not actual variations of the parent product (e.g., newer version or model of the product, differently branded products, etc.)
– Adding duplicate child variations that are not substantially different than other variations within the family (e.g., Red 1, Red 2, Red 3, etc.)
The listings we corrected are at the bottom of this message. If this problem continues, we may not allow you to sell on again.” (HT BT)
4) From a concerned ASGTG member “Amazon is right now restricting hundreds of Nike products. Check your emails.” (HT LP) – Unconfirmed.
5) “Greetings from Amazon Seller Support, My name is XXXX, and I’m happy to assist you with the case.
I understand your concern that you received an email requesting to take action products of your listings regarding California Proposition 65 Warnings. Please, not worry I will help you to resolve this issue.
Please let me inform you, Amazon has sent a mass-mail to about 24,000 sellers in the U.S. marketplace who have current product listings with a California Proposition 65 (“Prop 65”) warning to inform them that they must review and, if necessary, update their warning(s) by August 1, 2018.” Amazon said how many sellers received this email.
6) From another concerned ASGTG member “Amazon Europe – can’t activate new VC account without a brand registry. It seems like Amazon might be making a move towards blocking VC hijacking/vandalism as they merge to a new platform for VC.” (HT JB)
7) Tip from an ASGTG diehard: “If you are selling brand-name items on Amazon through FBA and you don’t want your competitors to copy all items. List on FBM a lot of brand-name items that your supplier carries for a very high price so no one should buy it from you. When someone goes into your page and wants to copy all your items it will be difficult.”
8) New Language in France only: “Dear Customer, we are contacting you because we received a notification of a violation of selective distribution rights of the rights holder below. Sellers on Amazon.fr does not have the right to create offers or detailed pages violating selective distribution rights.“
9) New: “Hello, Thank you for submitting your appeal. We have reviewed your appeal and reinstated the following content: It may take three to four days for the changes to take effect.”
10) This is an explainer video of the importance of the ASGTG. Text asgtg911 to 474747 for 911 ASGTG breaking news via SMS.
Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller