Vendor Central Crackdown on Enforcement/ Amazon’s Transparency Program to Ensure Authenticity /Imposed Storage Limits
1) Very Important. Vendor Central has a new focus on enforcement. Do not do any kind of review abuse and think you will get away with it because “I am a vendor”. Do not place fake orders to trick the system into thinking it’s a hot item and send more POS. Furthermore, in certain cases, they will suspend the SC account related to VC. This was not always the case. They do this only in egregious situations. VC and SC seem to be merging in a certain sense. They are no longer “two different companies” as I have said before.
2) This is a new suspension language:
“Your account has been closed due to violations of our Seller Policies and Seller Code of Conduct. We recently contacted you because you have listed a generic or different product than described on the detail page.”
3) AMZ Innovate is a new conference for Amazon Sellers in NYC on September 5th. This event will be more hands-on than the average conference It aims to provide actionable SOP’s and cutting-edge tips and tricks on using Facebook bots, new launch methods, the A9 Algorithm and more. For more info: email@example.com (sponsored)
4) ALERT! This is NOT LEGIT. Do not respond if you receive this e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Subject: Review of your seller account – response required
Greetings from Amazon Services,
We have identified a problem with your seller account. Funds will not be transferred to you but will stay in your account while we work with you to address this issue.
If you have any open orders, please ship them….”
5) This is old:
“You currently may not sell on Amazon.com because of concerns about the authenticity of the items listed at the end of this email. Funds will not be transferred to you but will stay in your account while we work with you to address this issue.”
This is new:
“These listings are part of Amazon’s Transparency program and are now required to have a 2D barcode label on the product in order to better track inventory and ensure authenticity.”
6) A few sellers received this
“We’re contacting you because of an e-mail you’d sent us between 1-June-2018 and 21-June-2018. We recently learned that, due to a technical error, we may not have received your e-mail until today.”
7) Many sellers are now struggling with imposed storage limits and hefty fees for storage overage. You are able to request for an increase in storage limits which will alleviate from prorated charges and bring them closer to being able to create shipments.
8) Please do not drink and text or you will be banned from the ASGTG (and then wonder why afterward). If you’re a new user, best to initially read-only and review the flow, so you understand the professionalism and expertise of this group. This is a professional network with professional people. If you would like to reach out to Ed for Account suspension or other help, please use the forms on the website for the quickest way to get a response. The more information you fill out, the better.
Good Shabbos, Ed Rosenberg