Daniel Wellington Update / Ed with Rabbi Issaman / “Kalvin Kline”
1. Daniel Wellington has confirmed to me “Please also be aware that DW has no interest in removing sellers of legitimate Daniel Wellington products.”. Their issue seems to be counterfeit, not TM. The issue is they claim counterfeit when it really isn’t.
2. I spoke to Rabbi Issarman who will be speaking at the event Aptil 27th.
Event: picatic.com/event14821172141655# (this is now a hot ticket)
3. This is new language “We still need more information about your plan to address ‘concerns that your items may infringe intellectual property rights or may be inauthentic’ and ‘Safety Concerns’ complaints.”
4. Our very own Lipa Steinberg and Ely Pasternak have created Simplex. This is designed for Private Label Sellers that helps you manage your workflow from the product research phase all the way through sourcing and getting your product listed on Amazon. They will also be at the event: picatic.com/event14821172141655#. www.simplexplm.io
5. There have been quite a few Rights Owner complaints recently where the item is still active. My suggestion is to remove it because SP does not care how technically you were able to list the item. Additionally, the RO may file another complaint if they see the item is still active.
6. Listing an item under a brand that you’re not approved is a very serious offense. If you are not approved to sell Calvin Klein and you sell an item under the brand Kalvin Kline, you will get suspended when they catch you. Additionally, selling in a category you’re not approved for by listing the item under a different unrelated category will get you suspended as well. This seems very prevalent in beauty.
Ed Rosenberg / ASGTG.com (spreadsheet now on site)