Thanks You for Joining ASGTG Event 2019/ Safety Requirements Jewelry/ WorldFirst Ceased US Operations
1) I have no words of thanks to every attendee, speaker, sponsor and everyone else that participated in yesterday’s magical event. ASGTG’s 5th annual event outdid previous events in every way. Please take a moment to fill out this survey. We are always looking for constructive feedback to make the event better (sorry I cannot make it warmer outside).
Many are asking for slides and video recordings. Slides will be sent out to all attendees shortly. Videos will take about 2-3 weeks until they are ready. Those who did not purchase tickets, can purchase the videos on this link. We also have the video of the Pre-event dinner with Michael Flemming and Paul Rafelson (will be done tomorrow).
2) New message from SS when trying to change category node. “I would like to inform you that we were allowed to remove categories from an ASIN which had multiple browse nodes in the past. However, please note that we have received an update and according to which we are unable to remove any browse node from an ASIN.
Also, I would like to inform you that our catalog department is looking into this issue and is looking out for ASINs that sill has multiple browse nodes assigned. The team will identify such ASINs and assign (by default) the most appropriate browse node detected by the system for that particular ASIN.
While in a single category, items can sometimes have ranking in multiple categories. We call this the Amazon Best Seller Rank (or BSR) and it is displayed under the “Product Details” section of the Detail Page. This is a reflection of the item’s searching behavior based on several variables including (but not limited to):
— Buyers browsing to the item while viewing similar items in other categories
— Buyers’ browsing path before purchasing your item….”
3) WorldFirst ceased operations in the US. Many are looking for a company to replace them. Payoneer, who had a popular booth at our event yesterday, can help you with introductions to new markets and provide working capital. They can help if you are selling in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, China, Australia, and Mexico. To follow up with them follow this link. (sponsored)
4) Many sellers received this: “Hello, We are writing to you because you may be selling children’s jewelry. To provide the best possible customer experience, Amazon is enforcing safety requirements for all children’s jewelry ASINs. As a result, you must provide safety documentation by February 13, 2019. If this documentation is not provided by then, we will no longer sell these children’s jewelry ASINs on Amazon. For information on safety requirements and submitting required documentation.
5) New: Customer Product Reviews Policy Violations added to the dashboard (HT JB). The account health dashboard is increasingly accurate and helpful. If an asin is reinstated for inauthentic, it usually remains on the dashboard (by design).
6) New (actually a few weeks old but I missed it!) “For example, if you received a warning for a not-as-described product, then please provide either an invoice or images proving that your product matches the description on the product detail page.”
7) On recent communication with variation abuse, the communication reads like a rights owner appeal. “We cannot accept your appeal because it does not address the report we received. Please provide the following information so we can process your appeal:” This makes no sense to me and possibly an error.
Good Shabbos – Ed Rosenberg – ASGTG – The Voice of the Seller