Phishing Email/ Jeff Cohen Will Be Joining Meetup/ Great Interview on Trademark / Delay in Reinstatement Notification
1) “While reviewing your account, we noticed a problem and the funds will not be transferred to you but will stay in your account while we work with you to address this issue.
If you have any open orders, please ship them. To regain complete access click the link below (you may be asked to sign in): https://sellercentral.amazon.com/e/a-settings/go?XXXXXXXXXXXX
If you do not complete this verification we will hold any funds in your account for up to 90 days.
We look forward to hearing from you
Seller Performance Team”
This is a phishing attempt. (HT RB)
2) There is a new “wholesale / flip DEALS” TG group which is very different then the very popular “seller owned DEALS” group. The rules of each group are on the pinned message. Make sure to read them before posting. To join both of these ASGTG Telegram groups, enter your email on this form.
3) Jeff Cohen will be next keynote speaker at our Feb 22 ASGTG event. There is now a feature to easily suggest edits to your company’s information on the share resources spreadsheet. If you are a vendor on the spreadsheet, please make sure to check and update your information.
a) What is necessary to protect your brand?
b) How to copyright your images
c) How fast can a seller obtain a TM? Is there value to pending TM?
d) How can we know if an item has a patent or copyright?
5) firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information for each ASIN. This is a new email.
6) “You have another account with a balance due of XXXXXX USD. As a result, you may no longer sell on Amazon.com, and your listings have been removed from our site.” This relatively rare. There seems to be a focus on recovering old balances owed to Amazon.
7) Recently, some accounts that are suspended and reinstated are receiving the actual notification email and flag a full 24-36 hours later after the actual reinstatement. You can test by opening a case or just listing an item and seeing if its active. You can also tell if your balance is no longer being held.
8) Recently, the infringement teams have been signing off with “Customer and Brand Protection” and then an actual first name and initial. They also are giving some important hints of where the alleged TM occurred. In other words, how its infringing.
9) When an ASIN gets reinstated, they sometimes add “If we receive more complaints about your listings, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.”. This is standard language. There’s no need to be overly concerned.
10) “We understand that you may not be filling orders because your items are out of stock. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to list items that they cannot ship to buyers by the expected ship date.”
Ed Rosenberg, Good Shabbos