Disbursements on Hold/ Risk of Inactive Listings/ Reverse Gating/ Update on Removed Reviews
1) “We are writing to inform you that your disbursements from your seller account have been placed on hold. We took this action in accordance with a Temporary Restraining Order issued by a federal court. Items that infringe another party’s copyright, patent, trademark, design right, database right, or other intellectual property or other proprietary right are prohibited. For more information on this policy, search on “Prohibited Content” in seller Help.”
2) If you have old inactive listings, please delete and close them. Otherwise, you’re exposed to receiving restricted product warning and infringement violations for no reason.
a) What are some trends that will impact sellers in Q4 of this year?
b) How do sellers balance (often competing) goals of growth vs profitability?
c) Where do sellers invest the most of their time and money?
4) Sellers are continuing to get assessments and penalties from HMRC for vat owed. Ignoring them can lead to major issues. Pesach is successfully helping sellers negotiate with HMRC and may be able to help you if you have a large unfair HMRC debt. Contact email@example.com; PM Peseach on Telegram, @pesachdavidoff
5) New: “This product has been identified as a powered inflatable tube massager, a professional use only or prescription medical device that should be restricted to be sold only to appropriately licensed healthcare customers who have Amazon Business accounts.”
6) “We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of this brand. We are taking this action because we want to ensure the authenticity of the products sold against this brand. To complete our review of this brand, please directly reply…. Failure to do so will result in your offer being removed.” Language is NEW. (reverse gating)
7) “We cannot accept order confirmation documents as an invoice unless they include the correct items and quantities. We removed your listings for these items:” New and odd.
8) “You have repeated violations of the Amazon Marketplace Fair Pricing Policy. As a result, you may no longer sell on Amazon.com, and your listings have been removed from our site.” If you sell a multi-pack, the per unit price cannot be more money in the multi-pack.
9) Many of the product reviews that were removed in recent weeks have now reappeared. I am assuming the legit ones are the ones that are back. (HT Yael C)
10) “We are contacting you because we received a report of trademark infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to imply listings on product detail pages are trademarked when they are not. We removed the rights owner’s trademark(s) from the detail page(s) for the content listed at the end of this email.”
If a product you are listing is compatible with a brand-name product, the product detail page(s) must clearly identify that the product is compatible with the trademarked product.
Good Shabbos, Ed Rosenberg